Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Lofton Headed Back to Tennessee for Senior Season

Guard Chris Lofton announced on Tuesday he will return to the University of Tennessee for his senior season and will not enter the NBA Draft.
Lofton led the Volunteers and the Southeastern Conference in scoring this past season, averaging 20.8 points per game. He also led the league in three- pointers per game (3.42).
"After reviewing my draft status, I have decided to remain at the University of Tennessee for my senior year," Lofton said. "According to the information that we received from the NBA draft advisory committee I was not guaranteed to be selected in the first round of this year's draft. Because of this, I have decided not to submit my name for the draft. I appreciate all of Coach (Bruce) Pearl's guidance throughout this process. Coming back for my senior year will give me the opportunity to work on my game so I can become a better player. There are also a lot of things that we can accomplish here as a team."
Lofton, the Southeastern Conference player of the year, also announced that he has been invited by USA Basketball to attend the trials for the 2007 Pan American Games Team.

No comments: