Tuesday, April 17, 2007

White to Return to Indiana for Senior Season

Indiana forward D.J. White announced Tuesday that he will return for his senior season and will not enter the NBA Draft.
White averaged 13.8 points, 7.3 rebounds and 2.3 blocks while shooting 51.2 percent last season for the Hoosiers. His strong campaign earned him a second team All-Big Ten selection as well as consideration for the Naismith Award.
"I believe it is in my best interest to return for my senior season," White said. "I learned a lot from coach (Kelvin) Sampson and the rest of the coaching staff and really improved my game last year. I'm excited to take my game to another level and I look forward to a very successful season with my team."
Led by White, Indiana advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament and finished the season with a record of 21-11.
"Another factor in my decision is I want to graduate," added White. "Getting my degree from Indiana University is very important to me and my family."
White is on track to graduate next year.

No comments: